Tuesday 28 July 2020

#SPeakingPart1#

Q. What kind of food do you enjoy eating?
A. I mostly like to eat homemade food that includes rice, fish, bread, vegetables, curry, sweetmeats, noodles, salads and cheese. Among restaurant and street food, I love to eat pizza, sandwiches, hamburger, fish, fish taco, french fries, and of course, different types of ice-creams.

Q. What are some kinds of food you never eat? Why?
A. I have tried a few food items and dishes once or twice and then never tried them again since I did not like them at all. Food items that are on my "not-preferable-list" are bread rolls, banana pudding, kachumbari, chicken bog and steak and kidney pie. In fact, I did not like the taste of these items when I first tried them. Ever since those items are on my dislike list and I never order or prepare them.

Q. Do you generally prefer to eat at home or at a restaurant? Why?
A. I usually prefer homemade food. My mother is an excellent cook and I am concerned about the food quality of the dishes we eat outside. A modest meal in a quality restaurant is also very expensive in my city. For all these reasons I mostly prefer to eat home-made food. But this does not mean that I dislike enjoying a delicious dish in a restaurant once in a while with my family or friends.

Q. What are some reasons that people eat at restaurants?
A. A diverse menu choice, fondness of exotic food and access to ready-made food are the main reasons people eat at a restaurant. Eating at a restaurant offers a better environment, opportunity to meet people and to taste food that is not usually cooked at home. Many people also eat at a restaurant to celebrate different events and to meet friends and relatives there. Finally, some people do not like to waste time cooking at home and love to eat outside which they opine suits their daily work schedule.

Q. Describe a popular food in your country? Why do people like this food?
A. Soup is a very popular food item in my country. In fact, we have a rich tradition of preparing and serving a variety of soups to our guests. It is easy to find ingredients for soups, it takes less time to prepare it and we can bring a variety of aroma and taste in it, not to mention the health benefits of soups, and that's why it is so popular in my country. For us, a good meal is incomplete without some sort of soup item in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment