Thursday 2 July 2020

#IELTS#Questions#Food#

Q1: What kinds of food do you particularly like?

I’d have to say Asian cuisine is my favorite. I am a huge fan of the bold flavors and spices used in Korean and Vietnamese dishes. Something I often daydream about eating is X, which is a tip-smacking noodle soup dish served with a crab broth. It’s every bit as delicious as it sounds.

Q2: Is there any food you don’t like?

It’s true that there are a few things that kind of put me off. For example, I cannot stand Y, which is essentially a shrimp paste. A lot of people like it, though, but I think it smells awful. Definitely not my cup of tea.

Q3: What kinds of food are most popular in your country?

I think street food is a staple around here. You can find bustling food stalls all around our nation, and they are my go-tos for a cheap and cheerful meal. I mean gourmet restaurants are nice and all, but street food is what our country is all about.

Q4: Do you like cooking? (Why?/ Why not?)

Actually, I’d like to think that cooking is my forte. I developed a passion for culinary arts when I first watched the cooking show Masterchef. Since then, I have learnt a lot of recipes and I can easily whip up a good dinner.




3 comments:

  1. Q. Tell me about the types of food that people eat in your country.

    Q. How are the eating habits now in your country different from eating habits in the past?

    Q. How healthy is your country’s food?

    Q. Why do you think different cultures have different table manners?

    Q. How may eating habits change in the coming decades?

    Q. How technology has changed the way we prepare our food these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. boiled – cooked in boiling water

    steamed – cooked over a saucepan of boiling water

    fried / sauteed – cooked in oil in a frying pan

    stir-fried – fried fast in hot oil

    pan-fried – fried in a frying pan

    roasted – cooked in oil in the oven

    grilled – cooked under a grill or on a ridged pan

    baked – cooked in the oven

    stewed – cooked for a long time on a low heat

    casseroled – cooked slowly in juices

    ReplyDelete
  3. watch what you eat = be careful about what you eat, and the quantities you eat

    watch your figure = refuse certain food because you want to stay slim

    go on a crash diet = start a radical diet to lose weight quickly

    count the calories / a calorie-controlled diet = a diet where you measure the calories of each item of food you eat

    snack between meals = to eat between meals (avoid doing this if you are on a diet!)

    cut out certain foods altogether (i.e. stop eating bread or pasta, for example)

    cut down on = reduce the amount of (fatty or sugary foods, for example)

    “You are what you eat!” = a common expression meaning that your body shape is directly related to what or how much you eat.

    middle-age spread = where you put on weight especially around your waist and hips.

    put on / gain weight = become heavier

    pinch an inch = where you can measure at least an inch worth of fat around your middle (an inch is approximately 2.5 cm)

    pile on the pounds = gain a lot of weight (a pound is approximately half a kilo)

    lose / shed weight = become lighter

    go up a size = become one size larger (the opposite is to drop a size = become one size smaller)

    have a sweet tooth = like eating sweet or sugary things like cakes, sweets or chocolate

    eat sensibly = eat moderate quantities of food, and not over-indulging in unhealthy food

    ReplyDelete